Thursday, February 02, 2006

Almost time to go

Yes, on Monday I am setting off to Miami, then hiring a car to drive across alligator alley to my hotel in Naples then to Walmart to buy a pushbike. On Tuesday I start my flight training with NAC. It has been poor weather in the UK recently, in fact I was working within half a mile of the ATC tower at Stansted Airport for the last two days and whilst I heard lots of aircraft taking off, I did not see a single one due to the gloom. Today the maximum temperature was 1 degree C. Hopefully the weather in Florida will be good for flying.

Here is a picture for aircraft spotters. I flew on it. Note the anhedral wings. They were used as bombers before being used for passenger transport.
Do you know what it is ?



My next post will be from Naples.

Phil

free web site hit counter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a Tu-114, designed and built from the outset as a long range airliner, it is not a former bomber. The designer used a lot of components from the Tu-95 bomber, like the wings, tailplane and main landing gear.