Monday, March 11, 2013

My darn Samsung camera back in for repair

Yep, my Samsung WB850F compact camera is back in for repair. This is the third time within the 12 months warranty. This time instead of just freezing when you switch the camera on, it refuses to focus with any kind of zoom setting. In fact as you press the shutter, an image on the screen goes out of focus and then it takes the photo. Handy eh!

So when a beautiful sunny morning appeared, I decided to take a trip to the Blue Mountains for the day. I went by ferry, and then train.
Before I left home there were these two aircraft buzzing around the harbour. I used my rather chunky DSLR camera to take the picture. I would be lugging this camera around with me on my trip to Katoomba and having fitted my 8mm lens there would be a lot of very wide angle photos apart from the odd one or two that I took with my phone. The wide angle lens allows me to take panoramic photos such as this one.
 
The lookout at Echo Point
 
Another lookout this time I was the only person on it. The cliff-top track was rather muddy as a result of recent heavy rain.
 
Some of the effects of heavy rainfall.
 
Looking through the gum trees.
 
Katoomba Falls
 
I do not fancy taking this trip as I am scared of heights.
 
Taken with my phone.
 
The cable car at Scenic World. I had to do a bit of road walking to get here as they were doing some construction work involving a helicopter and had closed the cliff-track.
 
Rather than walk along the road and then the flooded track to get back, I took the local bus to town. I recall having a great meal many years ago at this Art Deco restaurant in Katoomba.
 
The train ride back to Sydney was made more entertaining as I was chatting to a Buddhist monk and hearing about some of the interesting things that he had done.

At Circular Quay, the Queen Mary 2 is moored up at the OPT.
 
I just took a walk into Mosman and happened to choose a time around 3pm to do it. I was amazed by the literally hundreds of huge and expensive 4x4's out on the school run. I saw some awful driving and parking. I felt scared even on the pavement. Crossing the road involved waiting for a car to let me across (there were no gaps in the traffic) and then hope that I did not get run over. I made it home safe but am double checking my hospital insurance cover. You even have to pay for an ambulance to scoop you off the road here.

Peewit 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: