Sunday, March 31, 2013

A local walk

I decided to go for a local walk from Curraghbeena Point to Neutral Bay. I had not considered this walk before as it involves a little bit of pavement bashing as you approach Neutral Bay, whereas I normally prefer to stick to entirely foreshore tracks. However it was a lovely Saturday morning, on an Easter weekend, so while everyone else was heading off to the shops, I would do the walk knowing that there was a very nice cafe at my destination.

Just a few photos that I took on the day before my walk.

I thought that this lift was a little ambitious. 
 
The Manly ferry arrives at Circular Quay.
 
The AMP building.
 
Anyway, it was time for the walk. I was using a Garmin GPS unit to create a breadcrumb trail as well as my new TZ30 camera to take photos. Later I would then be able to upload the results onto the Everytrail website to create a record and route for my walk.

The walk started outside my apartment block at Curraghbeena Point.
 
Head up Raglan Street.
 
Cross over a footpath until you descend to Mosman Bay.
 
Lots of boats moored up here.
 
As you walk around the head of the bay, you can see some of lovely houses in this area.
 
Have just picked up the path to Cremorne Point.
 
Looking down the bay.
 
The footpath is tarmac all the way.
 
You pass the Old Cremorne ferry wharf.
 
The harbour is in the distance.
 
Tree lined route.
 
As you approach Cremorne Point the headland narrows and you can see across to the city.
 
I continued on right to the tip of the headland and looked back.
 
Sky-writing. It is Easter.
 
A bench with a view.
 
Back to the path.
 
Eventually when you have completed the walk around Cremorne Point you need to walk on roads but they are pleasant suburban locations.
 
The walk took just over an hour at a gentle stroll and here is the Thelma and Louise cafe at Neutral Bay. I found time for a coffee and croissant here.
 
A small beach at Neutral Bay.
 
Having completed my walk, I caught a ferry to Circular Quay. As you left Neutral Bay you could get a glimpse of the harbour bridge.
 
I had a sit down at Circular Quay while waiting for a ferry to take me back to South Mosman.
 
This busker was good and helped make the time sat in warm sunshine with a great view just fly by.
 
I am glad that I made the effort to do the walk.

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: