Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sydney and WT20I

The weather has been a bit better in Sydney over the last week with some proper sunny days.
I was also able to watch on tv the first 3 Womens T20 matches between NZ and England. The England girls did very well and notched up a series winning 3-0. The last two T20's were not being televised and were coming from Invercargill which is at the very southern end of the south island. More on that later.

Earlier in the week I went on a ferry to Mosman and had a walk around the bay.

Near the ferry terminal
 


Mosman Bay
 


Sydney from Cremorne Point
 


In the botanical gardens
 


My dawn view this morning
 


Back to cricket. Well, when I was in Dunedin, NZ this time last year, this was what the weather was like
 


Invercargill is not that far away from Dunedin but the 4th NZ v Eng T20 was cancelled without a ball being bowled due to rain washing out the match. I understand that it was quite cold too.
However, today the rain relented and the last of the T20 matches took place. The England women secured a win to make it 4-0 for the series. They now head north to Christchurch for some ODI's against NZ. I hope they do well.

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: