Monday, July 24, 2006

Today's journey to the centre of the universe

Well, the CAA HQ at Gatwick to be truthful.

It was one of those things I had been looking forward to. A trip in my rather aged 911 (964 C2) to the CAA licensing department on a sunny day to hand over my application and paperwork for my Private Pilots Licence.
On the drive there it was certainly sunny but the M25 was in a bad way with roadworks, accidents and everbody's grandad driving a Yaris in the overtaking lane.

I got there eventually and there was no time deadline.

In case you ever need to go to Aviation House, this is what it looks like with my porker in the car park.


My paperwork was checked over and all ok. The whole process only took 15 minutes. Just got to wait for two weeks now for the licence to be delivered.

On my journey home, I again spent most of my time behind either a white van, lorry or yet another Yaris driving at 40 mph in the overtaking lane. An accident on the M25 meant that I diverted off at junction 10 and went across country to get home. I had still enjoyed my morning trip as I was in no particular hurry.

It seems strange not having to carry out regular home study sessions as I have been doing for the last year. I shall actually put all my study material neatly on the bookshelf rather it than lying on the study floor or being buried in my flight bag.

Must get my next flight booked up while this sunny weather lasts.

Peewit
free web site hit counter

No comments: