Sunday, July 23, 2006

Farnborough Air Show

Today I visited the periphery of the Farnborough Air Show. I was there from 13:00 to 17:30, a total of four and a half hours of viewing pleasure. I took a lot of photos on my compact camera however it is not very good at this kind of work and what is more, the Blogger website degrades the quality even more. Here are a few of my shots.

Before we start here is a picture of my dog on Gorey beach in Jersey. We spent a week on holiday there and got back last Wednesday.



I had an easy drive to where I parked the car, but a 25 min walk to where I would watch. On my walk the airshow started and here is a picture of the Airbus A380



I arrived at my intended watching spot and just had to take my seat amongst the gorse bushes.



Having got comfortable, the A380 landed and was vacating the runway.



A Spifire taking off. It is a shame you cannot hear what it sounded like.


Here is the Lancaster bomber.



Guess who ?



Yep, the Red Arrows



The Red Arrows give an excellent display and use coloured smoke.


The end of the display quickly came and on my walk to the car I looked back and took this picture. The walk took longer than my car journey home.


Tomorrow I am driving to the CAA offices at Gatwick to handover my paperwork and application form for my PPL.

Regards

Peewit
free web site hit counter

No comments: