Friday, September 28, 2012

Painting in Montefalco

Having not done any watercolour painting for 14 months, it was time to go and give it another crack. So myself and another 11 like minded souls met up for the first time at Perugia airport. We met the tour organiser and our painting tutor for the week and were soon travelling to our hotel in the hilltop town of Montefalco.
Here are some of my photos from that week, together with my efforts of producing watercolour paintings from the inspirational scenes that abound in Umbria.

 Early morning at Stansted
 
In transit
 
On finals with Assisi in the distance
 
Montefalco houses
 
A classic Fiat 500
 
Every Italian door is different (no uPVC in sight)
 
Our tutor helps a budding artist capture the view
 
Perugia is full of character
 
Pink Vespa
 
Sagrantino grapes
 
The local vineyard in Montefalco
 
A typical hilltop scene
 
I must try painting this
 
Buttresses
 
Approaching sunset in Assisi
 
The Basilica di San Fransesco
 
Montefalco olive groves
 
Local transport
 
Glad I was sending postcards from Montefalco and not the B.... place
 
The hotel pool
 
Time to return home
 
Montefalco street
 
 Piazza Dante door
 
Fiat 500
 
On the hotel terrace
 
My first ever sketch
 
Montefalco landscape
 
I enjoyed my week in Italy and the weather, food, wine, views, and company were all good.

In other news, I see that Lewis Hamilton is leaving the McLaren F1 team at the end of the year, and will be joining the Mercedes team for 2013. So my suspicions mentioned in my post on the 8th of this month were correct.

The World T20 (WT20) cricket match tournament is underway in Sri Lanka. The England women won their first match yesterday when playing Pakistan. They are due to play India tomorrow and Australia on Monday.
I'll be keeping an eye on how it goes.

All the best

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: