Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Bus Bonanza & Balmoral Beach

With the temperatures in Sydney heading into the thirties today, I thought it was time to exercise one of my PET's with some BB & BB.
I am referring to a Pensioner Excursion Ticket that gives you unlimited travel for one day on buses, trains and ferries. You can buy these tickets in many newsagents and they cost $2.50 each (assuming you qualify for this ticket).

In the heat I did not fancy walking up the hill as I usually do, to go and do some shopping at the plaza, so I looked up online the timetable for the local buses. The result was that I was able to walk just 50 metres to the bus stop, get an airconditioned bus to the shops, do my shopping, aircon bus home and all this was accomplished in under half an hour. Luxury.
In the afternoon I fancied going to a beach that would have a cooling breeze and warm, gentle waters for a paddle/swim. Balmoral Beach is perfect as you can see in the pictures. I used the same ticket and buses to get there and back.
 

 

 

 

 

Looking across Port Jackson to Manly
 

This was a great way to keep cool on a hot day.
Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: