Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Back from NZ

I'm back from a wonderful two weeks in New Zealand.
It is such a shock to hear about the distressing earthquake at Christchurch just seven days after I was there. It was a beautiful, sunny day on my visit and there many tourists enjoying the sights. I was there on a watercolour painting holiday. Our group did paintings of one of the Cathedral doors on the afternoon of the 15th. The dreadfull aftermath of the earthquake is still unfolding and I send my best wishes to those who are suffering.

Here are just a few photos

The beach at Russell in the Bay of Islands
 

Mount Maunganui
 

Thermal activity at Wai-O-Tapu
 

Geothermal soup
 

Rotorua Museum
 

Exporting lumber and logs from Napier
 

Cathedral Square in Christchurch
 

The Worcester Street bridge over the Avon river in Christchurch
 

Low cloud in Fiordland
 

A good spot for photography
 

Milford Sound
 

Leaving the Sound before a two and a half days of steaming to Sydney.
 

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: