Sunday, January 30, 2011

Super Servant 3

Over the weekend there was a large and strange looking ship in the harbour. I wondered what it was and why it was moored off Point Piper. I used a great website that shows marine activity to discover what was going on.
The ship is Super Servant 3 and it delivers and collects luxury yachts and motor cruisers from all around the world. It arrived in Sydney and then partially submerges so that all the boats on its previously dry decks can float off and be delivered to their owners. It then takes on a new collection of boats before pumping out its water tanks and rising up like a phoenix. On the the marine website I saw several motor cruisers (one was named Elisa) go down the harbour and merge into Super Servant's deck. It must cost a few bob to transport boats in this way but obviously there are some that can afford to do it

My first sighting of Super Servant 3 whilst returning home on a ferry from Circular Quay. It is the red ship in the distance.
 

Once back home I zoomed in on it with my compact camera
 

A bit later my favourite steamboat passed by my window.
 

On Sunday morning I took a stroll down to Kirribilli and took these pictures along the way
 

 

 

 

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: