Monday, July 26, 2010

Silverstone

My youngest daughter managed to get some tickets for a historic race day at Silverstone. She also bought me a lovely cooked breakfast in nearby Brackley to give the perfect start to the day. After breakfast we travelled the few miles to the Silverstone circuit where they had held the F1 Grand Prix just two weeks previously.

The start/ finish straight
 


Historic F1 cars in the pits
 


This Austin A35 was in the same pit as the F1 cars
 


Paint your car sir ?
 


The pre race assembly area
 


Admiring one of the many older racing cars
 


My daughter would love to own one of these
 


I would not mind an AC Cobra
 


Wheeling a JPS down to the start area
 


Busy pit lane
 


Entering the final straight
 


There must have been thousands of classic and enthusiasts cars at the event. These were Lotus seven's.
 


The historic F1 cars in the race
 


A few of my favourites
 

 

 


Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: