Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tour de France withdrawal symptoms

When three weeks of Tour de France tv coverage finished on Sunday, there was suddenly a hole in my life and I found myself missing that daily fix of cycling.
It was great to see a British winner for the second year in a row with Chris Froome taking the yellow jersey. He is a fitting winner as he seems to be a polite and sincere person. Just what is needed after all the recent controversy in the sport. He certainly earned the win with the help of his team.
I will particularly miss some of the great names of the contenders that were being mentioned in the tv coverage. Some of my favourites were Lars Boom, Bram Tankink, Rein Taaramae, Blel Kadri and Mikel Astarloza.
I had watched the ITV4 coverage with Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen doing the commentary.

After that splendid finale in Paris, I was hoping that there would be the last day of the second Ashes test to watch on the Monday. But no, the Aussies were so bad that England went 2-0 up in the series on the fourth day.

I wonder how many of my favourite names will be taking part in the Tour Down Under.

Peewit

No comments: