Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The windy city

Last year I visited Wellington in New Zealand.
Because it is located at the southern end of the North island, it is often very windy. This isn't helped by the fact that the strait between the North and South islands is actually shaped like a venturi so that with the prevailing west wind you often need to hang onto your hat.

The Beehive, the NZ parliament building
 

I think this is a library but not sure. I like the look of the building
 

This is also a parliamentry building
 

The city viewed from a nearby hilltop
 

A nice place to play cricket
 

Looking out to sea
 

It is good to see trolley buses in action
 

Cruise liners in the harbour
 


I hope the England Women do well in their upcoming T20 against New Zealand. However they have not yet come across Katie Perkins of NZ. I was mighty impressed by her energy with the bat and in the field on the recent Aus v NZ series in NSW.

Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: