Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sydney Sunday

After a relaxing morning, I walked up to the North Sydney oval to watch some cricket.
It was a 50 over match between North Sydney CC and Sydney CC. Normally this sort of match would be held in the impressive North Sydney oval ground, but as there was some sort of kids event taking place there, the match was on the nearby second oval.

The match had started at 10am and North Sydney had batted first. I got to the match just after 2pm. I sat in the shade became one of the few spectators.
 


North Sydney had scored 176 off their 50 overs.
 

Sydney CC were losing wickets fast and were soon all out.
So an easy win for North Sydney.
 


I was heading home early and maybe it was just as well as the skies were blackening, strong gusts of winds were appearing and rain was forecast. I walked through St Leonards Park where a jazz event was taking place.
 


I was going to take more photos but heavy rain drops began to fall so I did not linger.
Luckily the rain soon stopped and I got home in the dry just before the real rain arrived.

Looking out from my window you can see this tower block that was where I was renting an apartment on my last visit. As you can see, it was a great place for ship spotting.
 


Peewit

Posted by Picasa

No comments: